The Project Accountant’s primary responsibility is to support the Project Managers regarding contract modifications, compliance, payments, reports, and any other duties related to the project. Accountants may occasionally travel to the project sites for job status review meetings. This position reports to the VP of Finance.
• Manage all accounting related functions for assigned projects.
• Assist project teams with any questions or needs related to the accounting department.
• Manage invoices, payments, and compliance for assigned projects.
• Have an understanding of compliance requirements for assigned projects.
• Create project accounts in the accounting system.
• Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
• Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
• Review and approve supplier invoices related to the projects.
• Review and approve time sheets for work related to the projects.
• Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
• Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
• Meet and discuss with A/R personnel regarding unpaid contract billings.
• Report on project profitability to management.
• Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
• Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
• Create or approve all project-related billings to customers.
• Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
• Respond to all requests for more detail from customers.
• Approve the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
• Close out project accounts upon completion.
• Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
• Compile information for internal and/or external auditors, as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
• Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
• Minimum three years of prior experience working as an accountant or bookkeeper.
• Experience in the construction industry preferred.
• Proficient in data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and vendor payments.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunities Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, housing status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, housing status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 3 years
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Exeter, PA 18643: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• GAAP: 3 years (Preferred)
• CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. All interested candidates
should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com